Thursday, June 05, 2008

End of Trip

So we had a great dinner w/ Aimee's old neighbours in Cork, (I think there were about 5 courses....not what we're used to right now), and headed off the next day to Clonmel to visit Berna. Berna is quite the character, and a lovely woman. We stayed w/ her for 2 days and met her son Shane who's a theater director in the big London. Went out to visit the Rock of Cashel which is this awesome abandoned castle in the middle of Ireland's countryside. The countryside in Ireland is probably the best thing about the entire country. It's really beautiful, maybe moreso than Canada. We went to a "trad" session at a local pub (tradition Irish music being played by Amateur musicians who essentially operate a open stage in the pub). Very cool. The music is all very beautiful and very sad. Oh yeah, and I had a deep fried battered sausage that night...which I think is still clogging my heart as I type. Ouch.

On to visit Aimee's roomate from college, Fiona. Met her and her friend Anne-Marie and went out to Holy Cross, which is a small village (literally) outside of Thurless. This place was absolutely pristine, and Fiona and her fiance have a great house there. We went to the local pub and it was great (we may have had 5 Guiness followed by Irish Mist and White Wine....and I may possibly feel very hungover today).

We're back in Dublin only for tonight, and we fly out to Heathrow early tomorrow morning, where we have a 4 hour wait. Then it's home to Toronto. Quite sad really, but then again I need my own house and bed, which makes me think it's been a perfect length.

peace everyone

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home